Volunteer/Fundraising Requirements - Per Family
NO BINGOS, NO RAFFLES, NO SILENT AUCTIONS, AND NO SALES REQUIRED!
The only fundraising requirements for 2018-19 per family is commitment to help with two bottle drives during the year as well as a Casino commitment which is scheduled during the third quarter of 2019.
Participant Registration Requirements:
· Basic skiing skills are required prior to enrollment into the club.
· To be eligible for all programs, skiers must meet a minimum standard.
· All skiers must be able to ride the T-bar on their own, with another child or adult.
· All skiers must be able to be self-mobile on their equipment.
· All skiers registering for U12 programs must be able to control their speed on a green slope.
· All skiers registering for U12 programs must be able to perform linked “snowplow” turns safely.
· Helmets specific to ski racing (hard ears) are mandatory and the participant must supply all personal equipment.
· It is recommended that all members obtain a season pass for Rabbit Hill.
· In addition to the registration fee, there are minimal fundraising requirements in which “all” families are required to participate in.
· We welcome family involvement in every aspect of the club and parent volunteers are needed throughout the season to help at races.
· Parent and athletes are required to read, understand, and sign parent and athlete contracts that establish expectations of all of those involved and outline basics of our disciplinary policy.
Alberta Alpine Ski Association Membership Fees
- Provincial sport governing body for alpine ski racing (Athletes age as of December 31, 2018)
- U6 - ages 4/5 year old.
- U8 - ages 6/7 year old.
- U10 - ages 8/9 year old.
- U12 - ages 10/11 year old.
- U14 - ages 12/13 year old.
-U16 - ages 14/15 year old.
Entry Level - U8 ($95.00)
Entry Level - U10 ($105.00)
Entry Level - U12 ($115.00)
National Card - U14-U16 ($176.00)
Referral Incentive Program;
-If you refer a skier to PRSC who registers with our club.
-Your name will be put in for a draw in win 1 FREE weekend mountain camp training fees!
-So hurry and tell your friends to help spread the word.
Racer Accounts - Optional for 2018/2019
To allow for efficient payment of applicable fees throughout the season, racer accounts may be opened for each registered racer.
Racer accounts refers to a fund used to draw money for optional race fees, optional mountain camp training fees, and miscellaneous expenses. Unused funds will be refunded at the end of the season. Race and camp participation is strongly encouraged by our coaches, although not mandatory.
Once a RSVP deadline passes for any events that would see a fee debited from specific racers account, there will be no refunds or credits given as most fees to attend events are paid to 3rd parties or have been calculated in to the operating budget for specific camps and or events.
Racers will not be allowed to RSVP or attend events if their account has depleted and the treasurer has not received funds to top up the account balance to sufficiently offset future event participation costs.
If you want to know your balance or account history, contact the club treasurer directly.